A lot was accomplished:
- 2018 was a profitable year for the Peterborough Chamber of Commerce. Thank you to the 900 members supporting the work of the Chamber.
- The Peterborough Chamber of Commerce welcomed two new staff to the Membership Team: Tiffany Arcari and Siam Grobler.
- The past year was a profile year for the Peterborough Chamber of Commerce as all social media accounts grew in followers (from LinkedIn to Facebook to Instagram). This creates more opportunity for exposure for our members.
- The Peterborough Chamber of Commerce also launched a new website in January 2018. This new site is even more member-centric by showcasing and highlighting the membership directory to all visitors. Check it out at peterboroughchamber.ca
- In July 2018, the I’m Here picture campaign was launched. The campaign is designed to feature our members in their location. You can see these pictures every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday on the Peterborough Chamber social media accounts.
- The 2018 Excellence Awards were a resounding success celebrating business and the 15th anniversary of the event. Thank you to everyone who attended - it was the highest attendance yet.
- With a municipal and provincial election in 2018, the Peterborough Chamber of Commerce developed a municipal business platform called “Building a Community Outside the Ordinary”. The document featured a series of principles from the business community on how Peterborough should grow. The provincial platform, “Vote Prosperity” was launched in conjunction with the Ontario Chamber of Commerce.
- The Chamber’s influence in policy development continued through the policy resolution process. Four policy resolutions authored by your Peterborough Chamber were approved at the provincial and federal level of the Chamber Network.